Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Fish and Chips

Now this one here is the primary reason why I'm not advertising this blog to anybody I know. In fact, I'm not advertising this blog to anyone at all! The recipes here can get silly, and it would be embarrassing if mom sees I'm "playing with my food". Okay, let's use the term experimenting rather than playing. You'll see what I'm talking about.



Well this is Fish and Chips. Or at least, that was my goal when I started cooking this. So for the fries, it was just deep fried potatoes. I should've covered them with flour to make them crispy, or cooked them a little bit longer, because they turned out quite soggy. The fish I used was cream dory, then for the batter I used one egg, flour, grated parmesan cheese, salt, and err.. crushed Nestle Fitness Cereals. Don't ask why. I like to experiment, that's all. LOL. (Well actually, the recipe I found said Japanese bread crumbs, or whole wheat cracker crumbs, but as I had neither of those, and as I am itching to cook this, I found the alternative lol). I had put pepper directly on the fish. I realized it probably would have been better if I had put the pepper on the batter so that it would be spread evenly, no black patches here and there.. like in the picture. Well anyway, I served it with a bit of low-fat mayonnaise on the side, and halved calamansi to drizzle on the fish. I crumpled half a page of a spreadsheet newspaper, then I found some brown tissue papers from Starbucks, which I had put on top of the newspaper. Put everything else on top of the pile of crumpled papers and viola... Fish and Chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment