Monday, February 15, 2010

the Carrot Cake I love

Carrot Cake... but without the cream cheese icing. Should this be called Carrot Loaf then?
Well anyway, Carrot Cake or Loaf, I can say that this is the best dessert I have ever done so far. I know I haven't made many, but I have done some things, most of which are not in this blog since they were made long before I decided to make this.
The batter is made out of grated carrots, crushed pineapple, flour (I used Maya Cake Flour), eggs, sugar, butter, cinnamon and cream. I might have missed an ingredient or two, but the important thing I want to note was the cream. This was the first time I used cream on my cake, and it turned out better than the previous ones I made where I just used milk. But of course, I cannot be sure if it really was the cream that made the difference, but it probably was. So, yup. That is now my secret ingredient- cream instead of milk. Although, not so secret now that I have written it here... (as if other people are reading lol).
 
For err.. garnish, I used the leftover cream with a hint of vanilla, and the leftover crushed pineapple, and a piece of cinnamon stick. But I preferred the plain carrot loaf, yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment