Thursday, April 1, 2010

Coffee Marble Cake

This is my second try on doing a marble cake, and I must say, this one's a huge success. On the taste category, this one's a 9.5/10. Mom, who is hard to please with these things, thinks it's excellent. Dad, who is easier to please, thinks the butter cake part needs a bit more sugar, but once he had some of the brown part, he realized the sweetness was there. I probably should have mixed it more. I used a package of Kopiko 3 in 1 and mixed it on part of the batter, hence I had no control on the sugar. But for me it was alright, I think maybe different people like their cakes on different sweetness levels, so I really can't please everybody haha.
    For decoration I had melted nougat and almond candies I found. It burnt a little, not my intention, but it actually looked nice when i spooned it on top of a cake slice... sweet and slightly bitter.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment