Sunday, April 11, 2010

Breaded Chicken and Potatoes

For the breaded chicken:
500 grams chicken thigh fillet
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon sugar
garlic powder
breadcrumbs

Marinate the chicken in all the sauces combined, then chill in the refrigerator for a couple of hours. Roll the chicken in breadcrumbs. When I was at the supermarket I saw two types of breadcrumbs, one was more fine, almost powder-like, while the other type is a lot more coarse. I chose the coarse one, but of course you can choose any you like, depending on how you want your chicken breading to be like.
Then it was shallow-fried to perfection. I have to credit my mom there, for a while I was cooking the chicken not well enough, until she intruded haha. So thanks, Mom!
For the boiled potatoes, we just submerged the potatoes in a pot of water, brought it to a boil until the potatoes are soft and the skin is cracking. Put a generous slab of butter on top of it while it's still hot, then serve with the chicken.

I saw this recipe in a Yummy magazine, but I did some changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment