Friday, April 9, 2010

Cheesecake

Grandma said this was the best I have ever done so far. Woohooo! haha... But I think that just means she likes cheesecakes.
I followed a recipe from the internet, and then did a lot of major changes. At first I tried to follow the recipe, but since I only had one tub of cream cheese (while the recipe calls for five!), I had to cut all the other ingredients on the list by 1/5. If I did that I would probably make a cheese slice, not a cheese cake. So I decided to change some things :). You know, add a little more cream, a bit more flour, more eggs, etc. I totally was just following my gut feeling, no measurements, no anything. Just throwing ingredients here and there and hoping it would turn into something a person could recognize as a cake.
The recipe said to put it in the oven of 275 degrees Celsius for 10 mins, lower it to 200 for an hour, then turn the oven off and leave it there for another hour. Well after 10 mins in 200 degrees the cheesecake started going brown and dry at the top that it started to crack and even get some.. err.. pimples lol (see picture below). There might be something wrong with my oven, I don't know, so I took it out, let it set, and served it. It's not like the usual cheesecakes that are very soft like a mousse. This one turned out more bread-like probably because of the added flour, but it was still very sort and creamy. Everyone liked it! :)

Say Cheese!

No comments:

Post a Comment