Thursday, March 18, 2010

Sausage Roll


What I was aiming to do was a Sausage Wellington. Unfortunately, where I am right now, puff pastries are hard to find. So I improvised. I used layers of lumpia wrappers brushed with butter. Then used it to wrap pork sausages with liver filling (liver spread, potatoes and carrots - disaster haha, the potatoes were still a bit raw, the liver spread tasted like.. liver spread.. maybe buy better quality ones next time, or use chicken liver, as is in the recipes). I cooked the filling (not enough, apparently) and sausages first, then cooled them up, wrapped them in my improvised puff pastry, the off to the oven. Oh, I'd put egg wash on top too. Hmm, I wouldn't really advice this to be done again haha, look for real puff pastry next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment